EVO Nano Series Drone Compass Calibration
The compass has been calibrated in factory, with no need for calibration by user normally. If the compass indicates the error information, or the flight direction of the aircraft is not consistent with the control input, or the flight place is far from the calibrated distance, please carry out the following calibration procedure.
The compass is very sensitive to the electromagnetic interference that may cause the compass error and the flight quality reduction. If the company still fails to be used after calibration, it is allowed to move the aircraft to other places for recalibration
In the case of compass calibration, please pay attention to the following points:
- Select an open outdoor area.
- Keep away from the magnetic interference source, such as magnet or concrete reinforcement. The calibration result may also be affected if close to a large structure.
- Keep away from the underground and overhead power lines.
- Never carry the ferromagnetic materials (such as key or magnetic ornaments) with you.
- Keep away from all electronic devices (such as mobile device) that may interfere with the calibration.
EVO Nano Compass Calibration Procedure:
1. Unfold the aircraft and open Autel Sky App and enter the menu setting interface, choose the “safety” option, click the “compass calibration” to the calibration interface, and then click the “start” key.
2. Hold the aircraft flat, and then rotate the aircraft until the rear LED indicator of the aircraft is green and is not flashing.
3. Hold the aircraft vertically with the head downwards, and then rotate the aircraft until the rear LED indicator of the aircraft is green and is not flashing.
4. Hold the aircraft with the side downwards, and then rotate the aircraft till the rear LED indicator of the aircraft is green and not flashing.
- If the calibration fails, the indicator light behind the aircraft will flash red, and the APP will also prompt that the calibration is failed. Repeat above steps.
- Please keep away from the metal or electric object, and maintain the aircraft at about 1.5m above the ground.