Consumer drone flight regulations in China, Europe and the United States

Consumer drone flight regulations in China, Europe and the United States

Autel EVO II Pro: 6K video and interchangeable cameras Reading Consumer drone flight regulations in China, Europe and the United States 18 minutes Next Autel Robotics Camera Drone First Choice for Beginners

The civilian drone market is dominated by Chinese companies. Chinese drone maker DJI accounted for 74% of the civilian market in 2018 alone, followed by China's Autel Roboticis, Yuneec International, American company 3D Robotics and French company Parrot, among others. The remaining market share, but it has to be said that there is a huge gap in the middle.

Photojournalism and cinematography, express shipments, gathering information or providing necessities for disaster management, thermal sensor drones for search and rescue operations, geomapping of inaccessible terrain and locations, building security inspections, precision crop monitoring, unmanned cargo transportation , law enforcement and border control surveillance, storm tracking and forecasting of hurricanes and tornadoes, and more. More and more drones are being developed due to the massive investment pouring into this promising industry every day.

nano drone size

Personal hobby fuels growth in drone technology

As sales of civilian drones have grown, so have regulators and law enforcement agencies around their safety concerns, which have previously seen drones collide with planes and even crash into crowded stadiums.

Not many personal drones are purchased by the average tech hobbyist for filming, recording, still life photography, and gaming. However, consumers will spend $17 billion on drones over the next few years. Drones will come in all shapes and sizes, from small, inexpensive single-rotor drones to larger multi-rotor drones costing $1,000+ with GPS systems, multi-camera arrays, and first-person control. While they are primarily aimed at hobbyists, such devices will become widely available and the market will expand rapidly.

Autel Robotics' drone EVO Nano series, EVO Lite series, EVO II series are one of the most preferred drone types for most consumers in the market. High specifications and high cost performance have conquered the hearts of many people, we provide drones Technical support and after-sales guarantee.

Consumer-grade small drones

Whatever your take on the initial use of drones? It involves safety in the aviation field, so it is necessary to understand the control and regulation of various countries in this regard. It is surprising that most countries have clear requirements for drones. Moreover, the corresponding CAA official website of the Civil Aviation Administration mostly clearly gives the operation guidelines of drones in obvious places, and even many countries where you think it is difficult to eat have also listed the requirements for the use of drones.

This article lists the drone-related policies of most European and American countries. For details, you can contact the Civil Aviation Administration of the country and region for information.

China Mainland

grey evo lite hd

Since June 1, 2017, owners of civilian drones must register with their real names. The "Regulations" apply to civil drones with a maximum take-off weight of more than 250 grams (including 250 grams) within the territory of the People's Republic of China. The "Regulations" require that from June 1st, civil drone manufacturers and civil drone owners must apply for an account on the "Civil Aviation Administration of China's Civil Drone Real-Name Registration System". Fill in the information of all its products in the system. Civil drone owners register their personal and product information in the system with real names, and paste the registration mark given by the system on the drone. Foreigners who use drones in China must register.

If you do not want to register, you can use the EVO Nano series of drones. There are two drones in this series, the EVO Nano drone and the EVO Nano+ drone. The drone weighs less than 250 grams and can fly freely.

China Hong Kong

1. For entertainment purposes, you can only fly drones within 7kg.

2. The flight must be within sight distance, not at night, and the altitude must not exceed 300 ft (90m).

3. Keep away from crowds, boats, vehicles, buildings, helipads.

4. No-fly zone: Hong Kong International Airport, the northern coastal area of ​​Lantau Island, Tai Lam Chung to Tsuen Wan coast and Tsing Yi Island, Victoria Harbour and coastal areas and Shek Kong.
Crowds and densely populated areas.


"Federal Aviation Administration FAA" states that recreational use does not require special permission, but must pay attention to safety. Drones between 250g and 25kg must be registered (registration fee is $5, valid for 3 years), with a height limit of 400ft (120m), flying within sight distance, not flying over crowds, not close to stadiums and sports events, and not close to planes and airports , can not approach the emergency scene such as fire, pay attention to the no-fly zone, Washington is completely banned from flying. All national parks are banned from flying.

Cayman Islands

1. Keep more than 150m away from any crowded areas or open spaces with more than 100 people.

2. More than 50m away from ships and vehicles.

3. Keep a distance of 30m or 50m to fly.


The "Bermuda Civil Aviation Authority BCAA" told me that the America's Cup will be held on the island throughout June, and almost the entire island is a no-fly zone. If I promise that it is only for non-commercial use and must be outside the no-fly zone, it can issue me this time slot. access license. Usually non-commercial, no registration is required, the height limit is 400 ft (120m), the flight is within sight distance, 50 meters away from people, vehicles, buildings, etc., and cannot be flown on the street. In addition, if there is any black flight, the fine can be up to $5,000.


The "IDAC of the Dominican Civil Aviation Academy" replied that flying drones must go to their office to apply, and the airport can also sign a virtual service contract. Or mail the drone and airspace data to their mailbox to authorize them to process it.

Organization of Eastern Caribbean States

associated with the previous country. "Eastern Caribbean Civil Aviation Authority" directly said: Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Lucia, Grenada, these 6 countries, should be controlled by civil aviation/aviation Partial authorization of transport plate.


The "SCT of the Mexican Ministry of Transport" replied that no registration is required for non-commercial activities within 2kg. More than 2kg can only be used within the club, and commercial use requires DGAC authorization. 9.2km away from the airport, no night flight.This shows that Autel EVO Nano series, Autel EVO Lite series, Autel EVO II Pro drones can all fly freely over the country as a hobby.


Managed by the Peruvian Ministry of Transport and Communications, in Spanish, not only registration, but more details to pay attention to.


Drones are prohibited from entering Cuba.


For non-commercial activities, the general idea is that less than 35kg can be exempted from permission, and the exemption height is 90m, so you need to pay attention to safety. The precautions are divided into two cases: less than 1kg and 1kg~25kg. There are many precautions, you can refer to the attachment. An exemption declaration form must be completed online before flying. All national parks are banned from flying.


According to the reply given by "ENAC, the Italian national civil aviation agency", Rome and the Vatican, as well as P243 and P244, belong to the complete no-fly zone. For business, you need to pay for the application. For details, you can check its official website, but the explanation page and online payment page are all in Italian.

For non-commercial users, the aircraft must be less than 25kg, power less than 25kW, not endangering life and property, not endangering airspace, respecting other spectrums, flying during the day, flying within sight distance, height limit of 70m, flight radius of 200m, far away from sensitive facilities, and 5km away from airports .


The country is in charge of the Swedish civil aviation and maritime departments. For details, you can check the official website of the Ministry of Transport. It pays great attention to environmental protection and animal protection and noise issues! Commercial flight requires approval.

Entertaining yourself:

1. Keep away from no-fly zones such as airports, prisons, nuclear power plants, and parks.

2. Keep away from animals and people, pay attention to the noise not to affect others, and do not shoot others without permission.

3. The height limit is 120m, and the distance limit is 500m.


The "British Civil Aviation Authority (CAA") also made a mobile app to check the no-fly zone. Staying away from crowded areas and 50m away from buildings is the most important, flying within sight distance, secondly away from airports and airplanes, with a height limit of 120m, and 50m away from crowds. Once again, check the no-fly zone of the app before flying, and basically all major cities are banned from flying.

nano focus


This area is one of 14 British Overseas Territories and the smallest, located at the end of the Iberian Peninsula, the gateway to the Mediterranean. The area is about 6 square kilometers. In early June, it is the nesting period for some special protected birds, and drones will disturb them on the cliff, so drone licenses cannot be issued, and if I fly black, I will be prosecuted. Four pieces of information need to be submitted for the license: identification, drone insurance, drone license, and aerial route map. If approved, the drone must be within 7kg, not in crowded areas, and not more than 150m.


"Czech Civil Aviation Authority CAA CZ" said that you can visit their website to see more content, there are also information on the website, but unfortunately only in Czech. Pay attention to safety for light entertainment use, no registration is required, and commercial use must be licensed by the Czech CAA CZ.


The "Slovak Transport Authority" replied that any aerial photography must be approved by the Ministry of Defense. Regardless of any criteria or profitability, it can only be applied by the company. See the appendix for the legal provisions.


Finland is very loose on drone management, just pay attention to safety, and generally speaking, it is no problem to fly without a license, and there is no need to apply for entertainment purposes, but must apply for commercial purposes. In addition, if you want to shoot troops or military restricted areas, you only need to spend 80 euros to buy a license. Even if you need to fly in the no-fly area for special reasons, you can also fill in the form to apply to Trafi.

General flights do not require a permit, and an hourly permit is required for flights over 5kg or over 130m. Safety requirements are: fly within sight distance, avoid entering bird and animal sanctuaries, height limit of 130m without permission, 2km distance limit for airports with scheduled flights, and 1.5km distance limit for other airports.

Regardless of the weight of the aircraft, whether it is recreational or commercial, it must be registered by calling or emailing the DOD Aviation Operations Center. When flying after registration, you must comply with Romanian safety regulations.

Moscow is banned from flying. Other places need to apply to the local air traffic control bureau to reserve temporary airspace. The content of the application needs to include the date, time period, altitude, and even latitude and longitude of the expected flight. Of course, it must be far away from the airport. If you don't apply, the police will confiscate it directly.

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Assuming that the drone flies more than 30 meters, you need to apply by email or post, submitting personal information, date and time, maximum altitude and area, drone technical documents, insurance, drone license, and a management tax of about 10 euros.


"AESA, the Spanish National Aviation Safety Agency" replied that for non-commercial activities, as long as it does not involve any risk or damage to ground personnel and property, it is OK, no registration is required, keep the flight within sight distance, the height limit is 120m, and the airport is far away from crowded areas. , night flights and bad weather flights are prohibited. It is recommended to buy third party insurance.


The "Civil Aviation Administration of Serbia" replied that it is required to register on its official website, stay away from restricted flight areas, and must have a pilot's license, which can be issued by the Serbian CAA, or certified by its own country.


Aircraft within 30kg do not need FOCA approval, they need to be 5km away from the airport, and the height limit is 150m. Some local governments have regulations that require application, and certain mountain flights also need to apply to local governments.


1. All drones are required to have the permanent and fireproof owner's name and address engraved on the visible part of the aircraft.

2. Third-party liability insurance is required.

3. From July 1st, LBA-approved driver's license is required for those weighing more than 2kg, special permission is required for those weighing more than 5kg, and those weighing more than 25kg are not allowed to take off.

It should also be noted that you can only fly during the day, only within 100m, away from airports, away from military restricted areas, flying within sight distance, and flying over private territories. A permit must be requested from the air traffic authority.


The "Kosovo Civil Aviation Authority CAA" said that it must go to their office to operate, and then before each flight, it needs the approval of the air navigation service provider ANSP. The registration content includes the application form, a photocopy of the identity certificate, the signed declaration, 3-5 angle photos of the drone, and the operation manual of the drone. The fee is 10 euros for less than 1kg and 20 euros for more than 1kg.


The first is to allow UAVs for general leisure purposes, with a general height limit of 150m, but there are also four special height limits of 0, 30, 50, and 100 according to the area. Only unmanned aerial vehicles within 25kg or 8kg (different situations) can fly within the line of sight. machine. Those who meet the above conditions do not need a license at present, but according to the newly promulgated law, starting from 2018, it is mandatory to participate in and pass online training before flying.

In addition, it can only fly during the day. From July 2018 (yes, 2018), all drones require mandatory registration of electronic IDs (professional drones have begun to implement), and must stay away from various no-fly areas including natural parks, Airports, crowded areas, etc. Third party liability insurance is strongly recommended.

Aerial images taken for professional purposes must be notified in advance (at least once a year) 15 days in advance to the person in charge of the civil aviation service responsible for the residence. Persons residing abroad should declare to the head of the Civil Aviation Department on the Paris side.

To use a multispectral camera, a specific authorization is required. For persons residing abroad, a permit is issued by the Paris Police Service with the consent of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the commander of the Paris Gendarmerie.

For commercial flight, one type of information to submit is the operation manual, driver's license, insurance, insurance, and the other type is the description of the mission, the signed DNC annex, the compliance statement, etc. On the AAC map guide, almost the whole country in France All are no-fly zones. In addition, if you fly in urban areas or fly over crowds, you must be equipped with a parachute of more than 2kg.


"Portuguese Civil Aviation Authority ANAC" gave a link, a large no-fly zone. There are also some general safety requirements, the height limit is 120m, it cannot fly at night, it is far from the airport, the aircraft cannot reach 25kg, it can fly within the line of sight, and it cannot fly over crowds. Otherwise, an application needs to be submitted to ANAC 12 working days in advance.


You can fly directly, but pay attention to 5 points. Fly within sight distance, 5km away from the airport, 120m in height, 150m away from military facilities, sports events and festivals, etc., and consider the privacy of others.


There is a no-fly zone in the Netherlands, and other places fly within sight distance, within 120m, away from crowds and densely populated areas.


The Polish Civil Aviation Authority has a special mobile app to facilitate you to check the no-fly zone in Poland. It is conventionally said that drones between 600g and 25kg do not need a license for recreational use, and commercial activities require a license, and they must fly within sight distance and stay away from them. 100m from the border of town or crowd, 30m away from people, vehicles, etc.

Denmark and Greenland

Those weighing less than 25kg can fly directly. They need to be 5km away from the airport, 150 meters away from the main highway, 100m in height, and away from crowded areas.

At present, the bill on drones is still being formulated, and it is expected that the official push will be made in July and August this year. The current situation is that it is necessary to apply for a temporary designated airspace permit to the "Hungarian Military Aviation Administration" 30 days in advance.


All drones must submit a declaration. After filing, the flight radius should be 500m, 30m away from people, animals, buildings, etc., and 150m away from crowds.


Drones over 1kg require mandatory online registration. Fortunately mine is only 743g. The safety rules are still those common ones. Fly within the line of sight, do not fly over the crowd, the height is limited to 120m, the limit is 300m, the distance from the airport is 5km, and the distance from the crowd traffic is 30m.


Drones with cameras, must be authorized, apply 3 weeks in advance, the application fee is 247 euros, including:

1. Signed application form

2. Drawings of the drone

3. Copy of ID card

4. Third-party insurance with an insured amount of at least 750,000 SDR.


The "Cyprus Civil Aviation Department" replied to the email that according to the law, all personal, non-commercial, and 3kg drones entering the customs do not need special permission or customs declaration, but need to register with the Civil Aviation Department.

After registration, the height limit is 50m, the flight radius is 500, and the flight is within sight distance, 1km away from residential areas, 8km away from airports, and cannot fly at night. Commercial and flights over 3kg need to apply for a permit from the Civil Aviation Department, and clearly state that they do not recognize drone licenses from other countries.